Refocus and free up your life
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life, and while you may have successfully navigated through other difficulties (and opportunities) you’ve faced, there’s nothing like seeking out expert support when you need it. In fact, career counseling is for people who have enough self-awareness to realize they are ready to make change and need a helping hand, and that is something to be admired. You’re taking responsibility by accepting where you are in life and whether it’s working for you, and making a commitment to change the situation. We give you the tools and support you need to make change that works, to move ahead and achieve a happy and successful life.
The right career choice is a major ingredient in achieving personal satisfaction, self respect and frankly, the right income. Changes in our lives offer opportunties to change what we don’t like and to create a powerful and satifying new direction for ourselves that brings us authentic happiness.
Questions To Consider
Who are you truly (beyond the “shoulds”), What are you passionate about, What are your strengths, What is your family situation, What stage of life are you in, What do you do next and How do you accomplish it?
The Career Counseling Process
- Start with the personality and career testing & assessment process to identify your strengths and your best successful fit
- Career Coaching to identify what you Can Do, what you Will Do, and what is the right and most successful Fit for you
- Identify and develop your personal “Brand”
- Develop your professional and personal goals
- Develop your detailed Action Plan
- Identify the resources you need
- Remember, execution and follow-through are the Keys to Success
- Set your time-line, roll-out your action plan and implement Rapid Change
- Be accountable for your action plan and progress
- Engage your family and expert help
- Use your support system
Herb Kessner, Ph.D. is a career counselor, organizational psychologist and coach with over 30 years experience in the technology and financial fields specializing in individuals and organizations going through change and growth. He brings solid corporate business experience, psychological insight and action planning to his clients. He practices in Kentfield, Marin County, CA.
Sue Kessner, MS, LPCC is a licensed therapist working with women in transition and individuals going through change. She has over 25 years of experience working with young people and their families. Sue is influenced by several schools of thought, in terms of the methods she employs. Among them, Person-centered, Constructive, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Solution Focused Brief Therapy. She has a private psychotherapy practice in Kentfield, Marin County, CA.